After years of service to public education, South Central Ohio Educational Service Center Regional Direct Services Supervisor Ken Smith is retiring this year. He was recognized by the ESC Governing Board during its regular meeting on June 25.
Smith has been the Regional Direct Services Supervisor at the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center since 2012.
“Ken Smith's retirement is bittersweet. We are very happy for him but many of us in the region have been mentored by Ken. His knowledge, professionalism, integrity and care for our students will be missed,” said ESC Superintendent Sandy Mers.
In addition to Smith’s recognition, the board also took the following actions during the meeting:
• Approved resolution to approve Title I Non Public Contract.
• Resolution to adopt job description of the Title I Teacher.
• Resolution to authorize agreement with Licking County ESC.
• Resolution to amend the following employee contracts: Laura Slusher, from Aide PA (100 percent) to MD Aide (100 percent), Carolyn Baker, from as needed SLP to SLP (40 percent), and Tara Immell, from as needed Attendance Officer to Aide PSE 80 percent.
• Resolution to accept the following resignations: Brittyn Saunders (CAPE Guidance Counselor), Megan Anderson (ECIS-PV), Hanna Stitt (Aide - PSE 80 percent), Georgia Wilburn (Aide-PA 100 percent), Scott Caudill (ED Teacher).
• Resolution to adopt salary schedules and set salaries for all personnel for 2020-21.
• Resolution to employ the following personnel: Kimberly Forcum (Preschool ECIS Teacher - PV), Steve Good (Special Education Program Coordinator), Shelby Moore (Aide PA – 100 percent), Caleb McClanahan (ED Teacher).
• Resolution to set a special meeting date on July 9, 2020, beginning 1 p.m. via ZOOM.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Governors Board will be Thursday, Aug. 13, 2020, at the SCOESC Business Center. For more information about the South Central Ohio ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook and Twitter.