The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for regular board meeting on April 14, 2016.
Among the actions taken by the board during meeting:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on March 10, 2016,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Authorized the advance and/or transfer of funds,
• Approved the employment of substitute employees for 2015-16. Per the recommendation of the superintendent, the board employed Gwyndolyn Barker, Megan Parker, and Jonathan Sloas as teachers; and Teena Dawson, Misty Holbrook, Lindsay Mantell, Lyvette Mosley, and Barbara Sargent as teacher aides,
• Approved the employment of speech therapists Melanie Asbury (one year), Bill Nose (as needed), and Amber Cashmore (one year), effective the first day of the 2016-17 contract year,
• Accepted the resignations of Alexandria Mejia as school psychologist intern, and Allison Riggs as speech therapist, effective at the end of the 2015-16 contract year,
• Authorized non-renewal of personnel, including Charles Copas, Sarah Gambill, Jamie Garcia, Stephanie Harness-Jones, Kay Larson, Barbara Myers, Ashley Pitts, Kimberly Powell, Debra Queen, and Shane Rhea; and,
• Authorized to re-employ 80 personnel members, effective the first day of the 2016-17 contract year.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC office in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook and Twitter.