ESC Governing Board October Notes
Published on October 17, 2016
The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for regular board meeting on Oct. 13, 2016.
Among the actions taken by the board during meeting:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on Sept. 8, 2016,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Authorized the advance and/or transfer of funds,
• Approved a resolution to adopt employee insurance program rates for 2017,
• Approved a resolution to amend board policies.
• Approved a resolution to approve job description: Intervention Specialist Assistant to Teacher – Visually Impaired,
• Approved a resolution to employ substitute employees for 2016-17. Included are teachers Alissa Allison, Rebecca Keaton, Melinda Stevens, Teresa Canter, Heather Payne, Andrew Delotell, and Courtney Powell, and teacher aides Trinity Brown, Roxanne Conkel, Sean Ison, Cynthia Miller, Alicia Scott, Nancy Williams, Karen Carver, Autumn Holcomb, Judy Mays, Jonathan Patton, Sarah Truitt, Eva Wolery, Ashley Charlton, Shirley Howard, Misti McGlone, Tracy Perry-Grant, and Tina Watts,
• Approved a resolution to employ personnel, including Aide PAs Elizabeth Adams, Brandie Banks, Brenda Campbell, Kerri Davis, Sharilyn Miller, Jerod Smith, and Michaela Rawlins; PS Aide Jenny Sowards, and IS Assistant to TVI Stephanie Scaggs; and,
• Approved a resolution to amend employee contracts for 2016-17. Eddie Davis is amended from Aide PA 80 percent, to Aide PA 100 percent, retroactive to Sept. 8, 2016, with a salary increase. Kay Larson is amended from a 39 day contract to 145 day contract, retroactive to the beginning of 2016-17 contract year, with a salary increase.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC office in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.