The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for regular board meeting on Sept. 8, 2016.
Among the actions taken by the board during meeting:
- Approved the agenda,
- Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on Aug. 18, 2016,
- Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
- Authorized the advance and/or transfer of funds,
- Approved a resolution to adopt the Fiscal Year 2017 Permanent Budget/Appropriations and Estimated Resources,
- Approved a resolution to employ substitute employees for 2016-17. Included are teachers Sandra Belford, Seth Chamberlin, Greg Gibbs, Jayme Greene, Alisa Jordan, Robert McCarthy, Pauline Minter, Susan Opper, Jerod Smith, Karen Thornton, and Sara Tomoko; and teacher aides Lisa Applegate, Veronica Brown, Ericka Goodman, Phyllis Holsinger, Rita Howell, Sandra Packard, Traci Warnock, and Brittany Zetting,
- Approved a resolution to employ Caitlyn Massie, OTA, for one-day a week (38 days per year) for a one-year contract,
- Approved a resolution to amend the contract of Vince Smith, aide PA (80 percent) to aide PA (100 percent), retroactive to the beginning of the 2016-17 contract year, and salary to be amended to reflect this change; and,
- Approved a resolution to authorize the purchase of property.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC office in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.