ESC Governing Board August meeting notes
Published on August 24, 2016
The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for regular board meeting on Aug. 19, 2016.
Among the actions taken by the board during meeting:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on June 30, 2016,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Authorized the advance and/or transfer of funds,
• Approved a resolution for ESC staff and board members to attend the Ohio School Boards Association Capital Conference, in Columbus, Ohio, on Nov. 13-16, 2016,
• Accepted the resignation of Shelly Osborne, aide PA, effective immediately,
• Approved a resolution to employ substitute employees from 2016-17, including teachers and teacher aides,
• Approved a resolution to employ personnel for Fiscal Year 2017 ABLE program,
• Approved a resolution to employ personnel per the recommendation of the superintendent. Included are Carolyn Baker – SLP, Sarah Gambill – Aide PA, Stephanie Harness-Jones – Aide PA, Cindy Kayser – SLP, and Debbie Queen – School Improvement Coordinator,
• Approved a resolution to authorize supplemental contracts for 2016-17; and,
• Approved a resolution to proceed with the potential property purchase on Rhodes Avenue, in New Boston.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC office in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook and Twitter.