The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for regular board meeting on May 12, 2016.
Among the actions taken by the board during meeting:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on April 14, 2016,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Authorized the advance and/or transfer of funds,
• Approved the employment of substitute employees for 2015-16. Per the recommendation of the superintendent, the board employed teacher Pauline Minter, substitute secretary Lindsay Mantell, and substitute secretary Wendy Rawlins,
• Approved the employment of speech therapists Jen Vice (one year) and Elizabeth Thompson (one year), OTA Mallory White-Fitch (as needed balance 2015-16), preschool teacher Shelby Walker (one year), and ED teacher Alisha Smoke, effective the first day of the 2016-17 contract year,
• Accepted the resignation of Tessa Bobst as speech therapist, effective at the end of the 2015-16 contract year,
• Authorized service agreements for the 2016-17 school year with Manchester Local Schools – (Preschool Handicapped, Family Intervention Services and Special Education services), Clay Local, Green Local, Jackson City, Manchester Local, New Boston Local, Northwest Local, Washington-Nile Local, Valley Local, Wellston City, and Wheelersburg Local (School Psychology Services), Wellston and Jackson City (Occupational Therapy Services), Jackson City (Speech Services), Portsmouth City (Attendance Services K-12 and Preschool Handicapped, OT Services), all Scioto County Schools including Sciotoville Community School and Portsmouth City (Talented and Gifted Program Services & Resident Educator Services), Oak Hill Union Local (ED Special Education, ISS Intervention, and Hearing Impaired), Green Local Schools (Maintenance Supervision Services), Scioto County DD (School Age Speech and Preschool OT), and Lewis County, Ky., Schools (Hearing Impaired Services),
• Authorized contract with auditor of state’s office LGS to provide compilation services related to GAAP conversion for fiscal year 2016-18,
• Authorized participation in Ohio School Comp BWC group rating plan for 2017; and,
• Changed the June meeting date from June 9, to June 30, at 1 p.m., in the SCOESC Administrative Office for the completion of the fiscal year-end reporting.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC office in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at http://www.scoesc.org/, or follow on Facebook and Twitter.