The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for its regular monthly board meeting on March 14, 2019.
Among the actions taken during the meeting:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular meeting held on Feb. 14, 2019,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Approved a resolution to authorize advance and/or transfer of funds in the amount of $4,151.31
• Approved participation in Ohio School Comp BWC Group Rating Plan for 2020,
• Approved a resolution to adopt IRS Section 125 Cafeteria Plan for 2019,
• Approved a resolution to employ substitute personnel, including teachers Alissa Allison, Dora Carmon, Theresa Chesmar, Margaret Morrison, Nathaniel Pinkerton, Tifiny Porter, and Hannah Timberlake; teacher aides Christina Brown, Zachary Holbrook, Shirese Sissel, and Alyssa Sparks; MARCS teacher Ian Snyder, and sub custodians Mark Shonkwiler, Tyler Breech, and Scott Caudill,
• Approved a resolution to authorize agreement with Paint Valley Local Schools to provide preschool programming, special education programming, speech therapy, and personal aides for a period of July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020,
• Approved a resolution to adopt family and children first service coordinator job description, and evaluation instruments for transition specialist, ISS supervisor, and director of technology,
• Accepted the resignations of Brianna Brewster (teacher MD) and Andrea Cline (CAPE teacher),
• Approved a resolution to employ personnel, including Amy Partlow (FCFC service coordinator) for the remainder of fiscal year 2019,
• Approved a resolution to re-employ administrative personnel, including Melissa Colyer (CAPE supervisor), Kara Copeland (curriculum supervisor), JD Emnett (curriculum supervisor), Tammy Hambrick (curriculum supervisor), Evan Mercer (director of technology), Robert Seaman (director of Aspire, facilities, and FCFC), Sharee Price (talented and gifted supervisor) and Ken Smith (direct/related services supervisor),
• Approved the employment of personnel, effective the first day of the 2019-20 year pending verification, including Patty Dennewitz (aide PA), Kasey Cunningham (aide PA), Candy Mills (aide PA), Jacquelyn Reed (aide PA), Amanda Smith (aide PA), Shannon Foggin (aide MD), Denise Mclean (aide MD), Brigette Davis (aide ED), Ambra Malone (aide ED/MD), Megan Anderson (teacher PSE), William Norris (teacher ED), Amanda Hafner (teacher ED/MD), Kathryn Rapp (teacher MD), and Brielle Hoagland (speech therapist); and,
• Approved a resolution to authorize the awarding of the Franklin B. Walters ESC Scholarship for 2018-19.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC Business Center in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.