The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for its regular board meeting on Dec. 14, 2017.
Among the actions taken by the board:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on Nov. 9, 2017,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Approved a resolution to authorize advance and/or transfer of funds in the amount of $11,341.78,
• Adopted evaluation instruments for the position of Director of Communications,
• Approved a resolution to employ substitute teachers, including Kristina Rowland, Valerie Sohn, and Rose Lanning; and substitute teacher aides Jordan Langley, Kelli Balzer, Phyllis Holsinger, Sean Ison, Dawn Dew, and Kristy Suggs,
• Approved a resolution to renew membership in OSBA for 2018,
• Approved a resolution to set organizational meeting for Jan. 24, 2018,
• Approved a resolution to appoint Lisle to act as President Pro Tempore to lead the Jan 2018 organizational meeting until officers are elected,
• Approved a resolution to appoint Lowell Howard the Scioto County Career Technical Center Board of Education,
• Approved a resolution to employ personnel, including Kelli Begley (aide PA), Lynnsey Kilgore (aide PA), Brett Wilson (aide PA), Andrea Webb (MD teacher), Mark Hamilton (ED aide), and Teresa Wilmoth (ED teacher); and to amend the contracts of Brenda Campbell and Manetta Howard,
• Accepted the resignation of Keiliana Wright (aide PA), effective Dec. 15, 2017; and,
• Approved a resolution of appreciation for Board Member Gary Piatt for his many years of dedicated service and commitment to the Governing Board and Local School Districts.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC office in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.