The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for its regular board meeting on Dec. 13, 2018.
Among the actions taken by the board during its regular meeting:
• Approved the agenda,
• Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on Nov. 8, 2018,
• Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
• Approved a resolution to authorize advance and/or transfer of funds in the amount of $27,396.20,
• Approved a resolution to employ substitute employees for 2018-19, including teachers John Kunz, Jason McDaniel, and Amber Rowe,
• Approved a resolution to renew membership in Ohio School Boards Association for 2019,
• Approved a resolution to employ Zanita Watts (aide PA), Rita Persin (ISS supervisor), Rachel Rawlings (COTA), and Kimberly Johnson (Help Me Grow home visitor),
• Approved a resolution to amend the contract/salary of Jordan Langley,
• Approved a resolution to authorize unpaid leave of absence for Michaela Rawlins,
• Accepted the resignations of Trent Hall (ECE preschool teacher) and Eric Crabtree (ED teacher),
• Approved a resolution to authorize agreement with High Schools That Work Ohio Central/Southeast Region to provide consulting services,
• Approved a resolution to authorize contract with Auditor of State – LGS,
• Approved a resolution to schedule an organizational meeting for Jan. 10, 2019,
• Approved the appointment of Mike Canter as President Pro Tempore to lead the January 2019 organizational meeting until officers are elected,
• Approved a resolution to appoint Dr. Paul Crabtree and Mr. Lowell Howard to the Scioto County Career Technical Center Board of Education.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC Business Center in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.