The South Central Ohio Educational Service Center currently has an opening for a Behavior Specialist.
Candidates should have the following:
- Master's Degree and/or Board Certified Behavior Analyst Certification preferred
- Professional Educator License issued by the Ohio Department of Education not required but preferred
Expert knowledge in each of the following:
- function-based intervention planning for developing behavior change strategies that focuses on reducing problem behavior and increasing more appropriate behavior
- techniques needed to successfully complete effective Functional Behavior Assessments (FBA), function –based interventions, and Behavior Intervention Plans (BIP)
- the use of assessment and assessment data to inform instruction and prescribe work plans for individual students
research based instructional strategies and ability to implement them effectively as well as the use of technology to support instruction
Documentation/Background check of clear criminal record
Valid Ohio Driver’s License
High moral character and good attendance record
Description: The Behavior Specialist must have knowledge and skills necessary to assist students, school faculty, and families through the application of positive behavior supports. The Behavior Specialist helps coordinate Functional Assessments of Behavior and Behavior Intervention Plans that address students’ inappropriate behaviors and provide a means to help the students become more academically successful. The Behavior Specialist also provides classroom and school-wide behavior management strategy assistance to school faculty and related service providers.
All interested applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, and copies of background check and credentials to:
Scott Holstein, Assistant Superintendent
South Central Ohio Educational Service Center
522 Glenwood Ave
New Boston, Oh 45662
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: The South Central Ohio Educational Service Center Board does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, or genetic information in employment or the provision of services.