The Governing Board of the South Central Ohio Educational Service Center met for its annual organizational meeting, followed immediately by its regular monthly board meeting on Jan. 10, 2019.
Among the actions taken during its organizational meeting:
* Elected Dr. Paul Crabtree Board President for 2019,
* Elected Michael Canter Board Vice President for 2019,
* Approved a resolution to set the regular meeting date for 2019, on the second Thursday of each month at 1 p.m., to be held at the SCOESC Business Office, 3879 Rhodes Ave., in New Boston,
* Approved a resolution to set board member compensation for 2019 at the maximum allowable rate as determined by Ohio Revised Code. Further, the board authorizes mileage reimbursement for all meetings and authorized,
* Appointed members to board committees,
* Approved a resolution to authorize the use of a consent agenda, where applicable, in 2019,
* Approved a resolution to renew professional memberships,
* Approved a resolution to delegate authority to the treasurer for 2019, to pay all obligations, make appropriations, invest funds, and borrow short-term money,
* Approved a resolution to delegate authority to the superintendent for 2019, to act as a purchasing agent, approve attendance of employees at meetings, obtain legal opinions/services, employ temporary personnel, apply for state and federal funds, and negotiate lease agreements; and,
* Approved a resolution to establish mileage reimbursement for 2019 at a rate of .50 per mile.
Among the actions taken during its regular meeting:
* Approved the agenda,
* Approved the minutes of the regular meeting on Dec. 13, 2018,
* Took reports from the treasurer, superintendent, and board committees,
* Approved a resolution to authorize advance and/or transfer of funds in the amount of $5,164.94,
* Approved a resolution to employ substitute personnel, including teachers Brenda McElroy and Emily Nickell,
* Accepted the resignation of Lori Katsanes, Aide PA, effective Jan. 11, 2019,
* Approved a resolution to approve the Network Technician Intern job description and the Behavior Specialist evaluation instrument; and,
* Approved a resolution to employ personnel, including Cory McKnight (ED teacher), Wendell Reeves (COTA, as needed), Shannon Mowery (IS teacher, as needed), and Savannah Jackson (aide PA).
The board also entered executive session for the purpose of conducting the evaluation of the Superintendent/Treasurer and discussing employment/compensation of a public employee.
The South Central Ohio ESC Governing Board meets regularly on the second Thursday of each month at the ESC Business Center in New Boston. For more information about the ESC, visit online at www.scoesc.org, or follow on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.